Monday, April 4, 2011

My World


All around you is a beautiful world of inspiration. A little photo editing can be really inspiring. These are images from my town. I know it will make it look very quaint and rustic, but I drove a ways to get these photos. I do live in a small town, however, it is mostly residential. Not many businesses. It is a wonderful place to raise a family. We absolutely love it here.
 As I have said before, here in Utah, Spring hasn't quite sprung yet. Just last week, we were playing outside, (I even got a sunburn!) Only to wake up on Sunday morning to a few inches of snow. The tumultuous Utah Spring has me craving for when Spring really does arrive.
And now, the photos... 

A beautiful view of the wheat field a few miles down
the road

Something about this set up of a water tank, a broken-
down building, and a few hod-podge farm items speaks
to me. Especially with this sepia tone. It makes think of
the Pioneers and what the unsettled territory must have
looked like.

Aren't the mountains beautiful?
All of these photos (along with all of the chippy, broken, worn-in items that are so frequently blogged about) have inspired me to take a new direction with my kitchen. I've got a lot of wonderful ideas up my sleeve, and I can't wait to show them to you all. Keep watching, I've even got a give-away coming up!


What items (or pictures, or just ideas) give you inspiration?
You can share them in the comments, or email to me!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I get such a sense of beautiful isolation from your images. You live in such a different place than I live. Hoping for sunnier days for you soon. :)

Lesley
http://thehomelessfinch.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...