Monday, February 21, 2011

Quick and Yummy


This is a deliciously yummy treat that I made twice in the past 2 nights. My husband loved it, and ate the first batch pretty much all by himself. I got smart and ate pretty much the whole second batch by myself! I usually try to do most everything that we eat made from scratch, but I was in the mood for some kind of sweet thing, and without spending the whole evening in the kitchen. This recipe takes about 15 minutes, (not including thaw time of the pastry sheets). Anyway, a friend of ours made something similar for us about a year and a half ago, and we loved it so much. I had no idea what it was called, or how to get that recipe; so I just made it up. 
Here's what you need:
  • Dulce de Leche (this is basically canned caramel, you find it in the Hispanic section. It comes in a can about the size of sweetened condensed milk, there is enough for 2-3 batches of this stuff)
  • About a 1/2 cup of milk  (if you wanted something more rich, you could use cream)
  • Puff pastry sheets
  • Berries of your choice

Preheat the oven to 350
       Roll out the thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured
       surface to desired thickness and cut into squares to put 
       into the muffin tins, I made mine kinda small so there 
       would be more treats to enjoy. If you wanted them to be
       about the size of the muffin tins, do about 4 per section of the 
       pastry sheets.
Place the squares of puff pastry into the muffin tins, I
sprayed mine with spray butter to be sure it wouldn't
stick to the pans.

Bake for 5-8 minutes. If you want the nice golden brown
color, brush a bit of butter over them.

I added 1/2 c of dulce de leche and 1/2 c of milk. Taste
it though before you put it over the pastry to see if it's
too rich, I wanted mine a bit sweeter, so I added a little
bit more to the mix. Then combine it all together with a
fork or whisk.






Drizzle the dulce de leche over the baked shells.

Add your berries, and enjoy! I think these are great both
warm and cold, we ate the leftovers for breakfast the next
morning, right out of the fridge. Very yummy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE dulce de leche. May have to try these.

lulu said...

I totally forgot about these. They are yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...